Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hello, my baby, hello, my honey, hello, my ragtime gal….


Aaaaaaaand now for another update on this year’s Project 365….


Day 53 (2012-02-22) ~ Here is the third picture in my Strawberry Shortcake Doll series. As a kid, I had a lot of SSC dolls, but I never had a Huckleberry Pie. My neighbor did though and I loved getting my dolls together with hers! When I started re-collecting my much missed SSC dolls on eBay several years ago, I decided to get all the ones I remembered, not just the ones I once owned, so Huck joined the collection and I'm so happy to finally have him after 30 years!




Day 54 (2012-02-23) ~ The Project 365 site where I post all these daily pictures (in addition to posting them here) has a theme contest each week. I don’t often participate in the weekly themes, but I decided to take a whack at it this week when I found out that the theme was “balance.” Immediately, the idea of a wobbling tower of pennies leapt into my head and I ran straight to the coin jar to dig the pennies out of it. I really, REALLY love how this one turned out. I like how you can see the different colors, textures and thicknesses of the different pennies. Getting them to balance like that was not easy, but I think it was worth the effort.




Day 55 (2012-02-24) ~ This picture is of my itty bitty little African Dwarf Water Frog, Trevor. You might remember Trevor from the posts from the road trip Scope, Wednesday and I took over the summer. (For a refresher, click HERE.) In a nutshell, we drove Trevor (and his brother, Kermit, who, I’m very sad to say, died in October. *sniffle*) across the country because we couldn’t take him on the plane when we moved. We drove from Seattle to Chicago, and Trevor rode in our car with us for five days, seat-belted in his little tank in the backseat and we carried him with us everywhere we went. He stayed in the hotels with us, went into restaurants with us, and even visited Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone National Park and The Badlands with us.

(Yes, really.)

He is one loved little frog! One of the things I love most about Trevor is how he likes to balance on one foot in the center of his tank. Sometimes he looks like he is doing yoga. Other times he just flat out reminds me of Michigan J Frog from Looney Tunes (that frog that sang "hello, my baby, hello, my honey, hello, my ragtime gal....") He's quite the funny little guy.

It is aggravatingly difficult to get a good picture of Trevor. Shooting through the slightly scuffed up tank and through all the water, trying to get a miniature frog who almost never sits still in focus just is NOT easy. So, no, Trevor isn't completely in focus here--GRRRR--but I still like this picture a lot anyway. I plan to keep photographing the little fella and, hopefully, one day I will get him completely in focus! *fingers crossed*




Day 56 (2012-02-25) ~ Bubble bubble toil and trouble…. So, I thought I would try a macro shot of bubble wrap on a dark background. I'm an eBay seller, so, sadly, a picture of shipping materials was really only a matter of time!




Day 57 (2012-02-26)
~ It was the big Spring cleaning in our house this day, so there wasn't much time for photo play. I quickly shot this macro picture of a glass Scope got at a craft show. I like it quite a lot! It reminds me of a school of fish swimming along.




Day 58 (2012-02-27) ~ Walking down the street on my way to meet Wednesday, I came across scattered shards of glass strewn all over one corner of the sidewalk. I'm not quite sure what had smashed there—it contained bits of mirror, clear glass, as well as blue glass too. But whatever it was, I think it's safe to say someone had a pretty bad day. Whoopsie!




And there we go for now. I’m about 15% of the way through the project. There will be more on the way soon!

© Coracabana

4 comments:

mo.stoneskin said...

Hullo stranger...

The pennies shot is genius, absolute class. Did you rub, polish and taint them first or are you simply a genius? Seriously, I would pay for that photo if I had any money.

Scope said...

I think I love the one of Trevor the most, for emotional reasons. But the glass that looks like it has fish in it is a close second. Mainly because of how different it looks in that picture. It looks so black in real life.

VEG said...

TREVOR IS AWESOME! But as usual, I worship at the Cora photography altar so I have to love all of them. Sigh!

Cora said...

Mo: You're back in Blogaritaville?! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :-)

Scope: A little bit of light can make such a HUGE difference, huh?

Veggie: Trevor was such a HAM that day. He was posing and posing like he WANTED to be the picture of the day quite badly. Wednesday was the same way when she was a baby. Ha! :-)