Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday’s treadmill tracks…. and more


I love my iPod. Love. Love. LOVE. I know I’ve said this before, but it’s worth repeating. I love my iPod like it’s my child. My short, squat, shiny, teal-colored child who gets lost in my purse and sings kickbutt songs in my ears, making my workouts freakin’ joyous, okay?

*le sigh*

When I’m on my walks, I put my iPod on shuffle. I like surprises. I like not knowing which song might pop up next. Right now there are over 800 songs on there, so there’s really no way to guess what I’ll be hearing. Here’s what my iPod served up for me during my 7 mile walk yesterday. (Just clicky the linky to catch each song on Youtube if that’s your thing.)


1. “Rock and Roll Music” – Mental As Anything

2. “Cool” – Gwen Stefani

3. “Hungry Town” – Big Pig

4. “Suddenly Mary” – The Posies (Sorry, I could only find a cruddy live version of the song on YouTube. *sniff*)

5. “Female Of The Species” – Space

6. “Eleanor” – Low Millions

7. “Can’t Buy Me Love” – The Beatles

8. “Where The Streets Have No Name (Can’t Take My Eyes Off Of You)” – Pet Shop Boys

9. “Never Enough” – The Cure

10. “Out There” – Disney’s The Hunchback Of Notre Dame

11. “Way Back Into Love” – Hugh Grant and Haley Bennett (from the Music and Lyrics soundtrack)

12. “Accio Hagrid” – Harry and the Potters (Again, sorry for the sub-par live version link!)

13. “Statue” – Low Millions



14. “Summer Of Love” (Summer Party Remix) – The B-52’s

15. “Eight Days A Week” – The Beatles

16. “Hella Good” – No Doubt

17. “Being Boring” – Pet Shop Boys



18. “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” – Queen

19. “No Spill Blood” – Oingo Boingo

20. “Heartbreak On Vinyl” – Blake Lewis



21. “Get Down” – The Squirrels (Sorry, no link for this one. Booooooo.)

22. “Whataya Want From Me?” – Adam Lambert

23. “Ex-Girlfriend” – No Doubt



24. “Beds Are Burning” – Midnight Oil

25. “Bohemian Rhapsody” – Queen

26. “Tell Me When Did Things Go So Wrong?” – The Smithereens (Jeeeeez. Couldn’t find a link for this gem either. Whattheheck, Youtube????)

27. “Flood” – Jars Of Clay

28. “Fresh” – Kool & The Gang

29. “Angel In The Snow” – A-ha

30. “Barbarella” – The Bongos

31. “Channel Z” – The B-52’s

32. “Hollaback Girl” – Gwen Stefani

33. “Black Horse & The Cherry Tree” – KT Tunstall

34. “Dressed In Black” – Depeche Mode

35. “Wild Wild Life” – Talking Heads

36. “Friday I’ll Be Over You” – Allison Iraheta

37. “Something’s Always Wrong” – Toad The Wet Sprocket

38. “Let’s Just Fall In Love Again” – Jason Castro


Ohhhhh, iPod, how I love thee!

Anyway….


Here’s the latest update on my Project 365:


Day 28 (2012-01-28) ~ My hubba hubba hubby, Scope, tried to write my name with a flashlight in the dark! Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. :-)




Day 29 (2012-01-29) ~ I was playing around with oil pastels, a macro lens and Picnik's gooify editing tool. I think I kind of like the way it turned out!




Day 30 (2012-01-30) ~ And, well, I guess I figured it was time for a self portrait.




Upon further inspection, it may also be time for a haircut.

Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Software
© Coracabana

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hella crazy mix. I usually listen to classical while I work out, otherwise I just get too into the music.

So. Cal. Gal said...

I have an iPod but I never think to use it because I have a 100 disc CD player...and I never go anywhere. ; )

But I love putting it on random! I haven't heard some songs in years.

And I adore Queen!

Scope said...

2 Low Millions songs, and a song called "Ex-Girlfriend"? Now that's funny.

(The Low Millions one CD was called "Ex-Girlfriends" for everyone besides my wife, who's never heard of them.)

Cora said...

Joshua: I have everything on there from Alice In Chains to The Chipmunks! I like the variety.

So Cal Gal: Queen is definitely AWESOME!

Scope: Probably the best CD no-one has ever heard of.

BeckEye said...

I have a major problem with The Posies ever since I saw them open for Brendan Benson and the one dude was spitting all over the stage and into the air constantly. I couldn't enjoy myself because I felt like I was in the splash zone at Sea World.

FRANNIE said...

You better have Photoshopped because no one's skin should be that perfect. :)

Cora said...

BeckEye: EWWWW! I'll bring my umbrella if I ever catch them live then.

Frannie: Pffft! Not Photoshop, but I did use a filter on Picnik. It was called Lomo or Holga or something like that and it magically erased all my freckles and lines and stuff and made my eyes electric blue. *le feeling pretty sigh* So, no, I don't really look like that. Poo.

Scope said...

Oh HELL YES you do look like that.

Drop
Dead
Gorgeous!

And if your husband says it, it's a fact!

Cora said...

Scope: *smooches* :-)

Becca said...

Jason also LOVE me hehe..
'coz I LOVE HIM MUCH!!

I'm one of the greatest fans of Jason Castro. His voice soothes deep in my heart if I hear his voice.*sigh

Cora said...

Becca: You have FANTASTIC taste in music, my friend! :-)