Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hold me closer, tiny dancer


Aaaaaaaand now for another update on this year’s Project 365….


Day 154 (2012-06-02) ~ Okay, so was there a girl who did NOT have a jewelry box with a little twirling ballerina inside back in the 70's? I think every girl I knew had one. I suppose I don't really have a need for it now, but couldn't resist picking this up when I saw it on eBay.





Day 155 (2012-06-03)
~ Just a quick macro of the inside of a cracked red glass candle holder I keep on the mantle. I love how it looks like splattered paint when magnified like this.





Day 156 (2012-06-04)
~ Wednesday spent ALL WEEKEND LONG creating a model of a warrior for an English class assignment. (And she loved every minute of it too!!) Our living room was covered with clay, beads, ribbon, yarn, feathers, and all kinds of crafty things once she was through. I think it is incredible how it turned out. She's such a creative soul! (And, yes, this picture is a cheat. I took it on the 3rd, not the 4th. Somehow I got my days mixed up a bit. Whoopsie!)





Day 157 (2012-06-05)
~ Completely out of time, I quickly shot a macro of the hem of my skirt the evening of Day 157. I wish the sequin was actually in focus (d'oh!) but oh well. It will have to do.





Day 158 (2012-06-06)
~ So, not only do we have strawberries growing on our deck, but our carrots have started sprouting too. Maybe next year we will try to grow some lettuce as well!





Day 159 (2012-06-07)
~ Wednesday is in beginners French this year. There was a voluntary nation-wide test a month or so ago which she took part in and last week she brought home a medal for placing in the top 15%. (Dang. That kid makes me look like a slacker.) It's so cute though watching her strut around wearing it on her school lanyard. :-)





Day 160 (2012-06-08)
~ I met Scope for lunch in The Loop this day and he showed me "Color Jam", an artsy explosion that popped up in the intersection of State and Adams. The crosswalks and corners of the buildings are all painted in primary colors so bold they practically poke your eyes out. It was actually kind of fun. I felt like I was walking through a cartoon. (More info on Color Jam, if you're interested: http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-06-04/entertainment/ct-ent-0605-color-jam-loop-20120604_1_state-street-building-art-loop-installation-city-intersection.)





And now we are approximately 42% of the way through the project. More will be updated soon.





© Coracabana

7 comments:

Candy's daily Dandy said...

Cora, you have one heck of an eye...

That camera of yours is amazing! What kind is it?

And the tiny dancer brought back some serious memories.

Scope said...

I like Color Jam. I have no idea how they are going to keep it looking remotely clean and nice thru September.

And of course, I love that medal up there and all that it stands for.

Heff said...

Hold me closer, Tony Danza....

VEG said...

YES to the ballerina music box thing. I actually inherited one that was my mom's when she was little (I say inherited although she's still alive!) and it was wooden, painted really old fashioned with pink corduroy compartments inside. I love that thing - still have it. The music no longer plays but I'm sure one day I can have it fixed. The ballerina is long gone. I need to find a thrift store music box ballerina I can replace her with! Also, I love music boxes. Soothing. And creepy. But mostly soothing. :)

Cool photos as always me dear. That camera takes some kick ass close ups.

So. Cal. Gal said...

Talk about being a slacker, I can't remember the last time I took a pic for 365. *sigh*

And I see Heff is a fan of 'Friends'. lol!

Great pics, as always! : )

Rachel Rausch Johnson said...

Your photos are awesome! you are really having fun with this.

ShanaM said...

Awesome photos as always!!!!