Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Three is a magic number





So.


What were you doing three years ago? Hmm? I was meeting my hubba hubba hubby, Scope, face-to-face for the very first time. He flew 2000 miles from Chicago to Seattle just to meet little ol' me. I met him at the airport and then spent the weekend showing him all around Seattle. And what a weekend it was! He put on a Princess Leia wig/hat and re-enacted a scene from Star Wars outside in front of real live people. And I showed him the life-size Dobby the House Elf statue in my living room.... and he didn't even run away screaming!


It was magic, I swear. And every day since has just been more and more magical. I mean, we STILL haven’t even had our first fight yet—and I’m a redhead AND a Leo! Crazy, huh? I know! Oh, sure, we sometimes have different opinions on things…. like how many pickled jalapenos a person can eat before they should rightfully expect their innards to liquefy and shoot out their bum like jet fuel. (I say zero. Just a whiff of their scent will do it.) (Scope says half a jar…. and then he runs for the bathroom in a panic and realizes I’m right.) But as for a fight or an argument? Nope. Never had one of those in the three years we’ve been together.


It’s been an amazing, wonderful three years! Because Scope makes everything he comes within four yards of amazing and wonderful without even trying to. (Yeah, I don’t know how he does it either, but when I find out his secret, I’ll let you know.)


To my dear, sweet, handsome, sexy** Scope; Happy Anniversary. I love you so very, very much, and I am thankful every single day that you were brave enough to get on that plane three years ago so our paths could cross. You’re my Superman! And I can’t wait to see what the next three (and thirteen!) (and thirty!) years will bring. I bet it will be awesome.... just like you!


Love,
Cora




(**And, yeah, yeah, I know “the censors” have banned me from using words like ‘sexy’ here and I’m not supposed to throw that word around any more or say that I think my husband is attractive in case it somehow “alarms” my teenager (….*confused stare*….), but, frankly, today I really don’t care. At. All. And he IS sexy. Duh. So there.)






© Coracabana

9 comments:

Scope said...

I love you so, so much too, my dear. It's so funny how completely rational and obvious of a decision it seemed at the time, let alone in hindsight.

You are my life.

mo.stoneskin said...

I don't suppose you have a picture of Scope in that Leia wig?!

Anonymous said...

You two = Awesome. 'Nuf said.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I have enjoyed following your relationship from the beginning. It really is a beautiful thing. The Universe rewards good people everyday. I am glad you two got exactly what you deserved.

ShanaM said...

You both are just so darn cute.

Isn't the internet a wonderful thing!!

Happy day to both of you!!

Cora said...

Scope: You are my life also. Funny how that worked out, hmm?! :-)

Mo: *snaps fingers* Y'know, actually I do! I posted that three years ago, but unfortunately I haven't worked back that far in my blog-cleansing yet. It will be posted again one day. Swearsies.

Joshua: Awwwwwwww.

Cal: Thank you! :-)

Shana: It IS a wonderful thing! We talk about that all the time. What if one of us hadn't been online at the right time? We probably would have never met. :-(

So. Cal. Gal said...

I met my guy online too and have only had one "fight" about, of all things, Michael Jackson. lol!

Cora said...

So Cal Gal: LOL. I almost used MJ as my example because we once had a discussion about whether or not Thriller was one of the best albums ever made and we ended up on different sides at the end of it. However, the jalapeno situation has come up multiple times, so I went with that. So, what was your fight about MJ?!

SkylersDad said...

You guys are just wonderful, and I am happy to call you friends.