Monday, April 9, 2012

Comic TRIP!


Aaaaaaaand now for another update on this year’s Project 365….


Day 89 (2012-03-29) ~ Every spring in Seattle, the trees come alive…. What?—No, no, not the blossoms, silly! I'm talking about the bees! In Seattle, where I lived most of my life, the trees BUZZ like electric fences in the spring because there are so many bees. I live in Chicago now. This is my second spring here, and while I was all up close and personal with the flowering trees at the park, it suddenly dawned on me.... where are all the bees?!?! The park was utterly silent. No buzzing bees at all. Weird. I never noticed that before. I mean, I know there have to be bees around here somewhere, because we grew a slew of strawberries last summer.... but I never saw a single bee visiting the plants. The bees here must be sneaky!





Day 90 (2012-03-30)
~ The 5th in my 80's Strawberry Shortcake Doll series. Raspberry Tart.





Day 91 (2012-03-31)
~ Scope, Wednesday, and I took a trip out of town last weekend. Since Wednesday will be learning to drive soon, she sat up front with Scope so he could give her some driving tips on the way. I sat in the backseat the whole four hour drive with Fernando Von Bakonstein to keep me company. It's silly, I know, but of all the pictures I took that day, this one is my favorite! :-P





Day 92 (2012-04-01)
~ While out of town last weekend, Wednesday and I went into a cute little shop with Scope’s mom where I saw this lamp (of sorts) which I thought was gorgeous. A glass jar with illuminated cherry blossoms and pussy willows! So beautiful! Unfortunately, the price tag was NOT beautiful at all. It was ugly, ugly, UGLY! So, I settled for a picture of the lamp instead. :-)





Day 93 (2012-04-02)
~ Comic TRIP! Just an experiment going on here featuring some comic book pages and my camera set on BULB. I swiveled the camera across the scattered pages during the exposure just to see what sort of effects I could get. This was my favorite one.




For the curious: those pages aren't from a real comic book, but actually props that were used in a 2008 American Idol “Tainted Love” Ford commercial featuring David Cook, Jason Castro, etc. The pages are AWESOME. I have several of them, and have the two best of the bunch framed in my hallway. Pretty cool, huh?! Here’s the Ford commercial which features these comics….






Day 94 (2012-04-03)
~ Scope saw this car from the train on his way home from work and came running home to tell me about it. We got in our car and went back to find it, take pictures, and giggle. The car seems to be advertising a tattoo shop. Not to be mean, but there's NO WAY that I would get a tattoo from someone who wields a paintbrush like THIS!! Wow.





And, there! I’m about 25% of the way through the project so far. More on the way soon!






© Coracabana

4 comments:

Scope said...

I love your bulb picture.

Anonymous said...

A lot of Strawberry Shortcake going on in my house.

Cora said...

Scope: It was a fun experiment!

Cora said...

Joshua: I bet you do! I imagine your house smells INCREDIBLE.